Advanced Communication - Powerful Presentations Made Easy
Move into the realm of advanced communication. Using principles of human psychology, you will learn to make your communications more meaningful and effective. This course will also provide you with the tips and techniques to deliver presentations with confidence and focus, allowing you to "cut to the chase" so you can get what you need to get the job done. You will be invited to practice your skills by making a presentation to your colleagues. You will receive feedback on what you are doing right and how to turn it up a notch to make your presentations even better.
- Learn to communicate when the stakes are high
- Understand the steps of making effective presentations getting organized, presenting your material, responding to questions
- Learn how to engage, inform and motivate your audience
- Overcome fear and nervousness
This course is part of the Advanced Skills for Supervisors Certificate Program.
This course is approved for:
- The “Achievement in Business Competencies” (Blue Seal) program through the Alberta Apprenticeship and Industry Training Department. For more information on the Blue Seal Program go to: http://www.tradesecrets.gov.ab.ca/index.html?page=working_in_alberta/working_in_trade.asp
- 1.2 Continuing Education Unit Credits for Alberta Environment Water and Wastewater Operator Certification Program. For more information on the Certification Program including approved CEUs go to: http://environment.alberta.ca/1486.html
Learning Provider: Northern Lakes College
Opportunity Type: Course
Category: Management Skills, Management & Governance, Dispute Resolution & Negotiation, Collaboration & Teamwork, Interpersonal Communications, Inclusion & Diversity, Relationship Building, Self-Awareness, Self-Awareness & Development
Region: Cal, Edm, S, CE, CW, NE, NW
Start Date: 2012-07-13
End Date: 2013-07-31
Start Time: TBA
End Time: TBA
Time: Contact provider for availability.
Contact Name: WorkForce Development
Contact Phone: 780-849-8623
Two day course modules offered throughout the year in various locations
Registration/More Info: http://www.northernlakescollege.ca/Courses_Details.aspx?id=3780&taxid=836